Dunloy, Ballymena

© 2018 by Unit Updates.

  • Facebook App Icon
  • Twitter App Icon

Glack Flex Scoring Muscles in Second Half

A sparse crowd watches Damien Harkin begin the second half in Celtic Park.

Sean Dolans GAC 0-10 O’Connor’s GAC Glack 3-16

A spread of seven different scorers helped Glack overturn a half-time deficit to claim their place in the final four of the Premier Electric Derry JFC against Sean Dolan's this afternoon in Celtic Park.

The first half was dictated by the excellent Odhran McKane, who ran riot in the Glack defence to see his side lead at the break, but second half goals from Niall McGowan, Adam O'Kane and Liam O'Brien saw them ease home in the end.

McKane had his side in front after five minutes from a dead ball but Cormac Boyle shot them level with the next attack before Ciaran Carmichael's long-range effort bounced over in the six yard box to see Glack lead 0-02 to 0-01 after ten minutes of play.

Odhran McKane fired them level from close range but it was quickly followed by points from Niall McGowan and Liam O'Brien to see O'Connor's seize the initiative.

The talented Sean Dolan's forward then embarked on a scoring spree, notching four points in as many minutes before setting up Gary Fisher for another score. A Ryan Deery free followed for Dolan's and despite a Finbar O'Brien score in response, the city men were three points up in the 24th minute.

Adam O'Kane and Finbar O'Brien pointed as Glack looked to regain their composure but a final McKane score saw his side hold a two-point lead at the break.

Paul Melaugh's early point in the second period signalled the Dolan's intent and corner forward Kevin Nixon went agonisingly close with two goal chances, but it was Glack who found the net on the counter, McGowan rattling the ball into the roof of Dave McGilloway's net.

Man of the Match Niall McGowan of Glack.

Points followed from McGowan and Boyle before Eddie McLaughlin received his marching orders for O'Connor's, referee Damien Harkin handing him a black card to go with his yellow and resulting in red.

Dolan's couldn't regain their momentum however and after a further McGowan point, they were reduced to 14 men, Caoimhín McChrystal receiving a second yellow for an off-the-ball incident.

Adam O'Kane then effectively ended the contest with Glack's second goal, receiving the pass after Boyle drew three men and offloaded and finishing neatly past James McLaughlin.

Three minutes later, a high tackle from Alan Grant earned him a straight red card and saw Dolan's reduced to 13 men with 12 minutes still to play.

Glack used their numerical advantage well, hitting a further 1-06 in the remaining twelve minutes, including another well-taken goal from Liam O'Brien, as both sides utilised their respective benches to the full.

Glack have now hit 4-36 in two games and will hope to bring that scoring form firstly into the final group game with Drum and then on to the Semi-Final stages, while Dolan's now prepare for a dead rubber encounter against Doire Colmcille with only local pride at stake.

Sean Dolans GAC: Dave McGilloway, Ryan McCallion, Sean O'Donnell, Caoimhín McChrystal, Caoimhín Thompson, Ryan Deery (0-01f), Conor McCosker, Eamon McGinley, Paul Melaugh (0-01), Gary Fisher (0-01), Joe Gallagher, Mark Cooke, Odhran McKane (0-04, 0-03f), Gearóid McDermott, Kevin Nixon.

Subs: Alan Grant for Sean O'Donnell 33', Ryan O'Donnell for Mark Cooke 43', Caolan McCosker for Gary Fisher 48', Brian Houston for Tiarnan Gallagher 56', Ryan McCloskey for Paul Melaugh 58'

O’Connor’s GAC Glack: James McLaughlin, Oran Canning, Ciaran O'Brien, Evin King, Ryan O'Kane, Eddie McLaughlin, James O'Connor, Martin McGonigle, Ciaran Carmichael (0-02), Finbar O'Brien (0-03), Niall McGowan (1-02, 0-02f), Liam O'Brien (0-01), Aaron Moore (0-01), Cormac Boyle (0-02), Adam O'Kane (1-02).

Subs: Caolan Roddy for Ryan O'Kane 49', Paul King for Finbar O'Brien 52', Luke McLaughlin for Evin King 55', Eoin Mackey for Aaron Moore 56', Ronan O'Kane for Ciaran Carmichael 58', Niall Carmichael for James O'Connor 58', Fred McKenna for Adam O'Kane 62'.

Referee: Damien Harkin (St Mary's Slaughtmanus)

Man of the Match: Niall McGowan (O'Connor's)